What is gap filling:
Placing small boards of the same tree if the holes are longer or longer - usually when the edges of the boards are worn or a previous replacement of boards of other wood.
- Placing a mixture that includes sawdust and a homogeneous mixture.
- A resin or a particular type of mixture designed to fill and stick holes in wooden floors or other wooden surfaces.
The gap filling can be done in different ways:
- gap to 3mm filling with dust and resin
- Gap more than 3 mm filling with slivers
Why fill the gaps:
- To stop excessive screeching noise
- To protect the sub-floor of additional contamination
- Preserve long life on the floor
- To isolate the room from noise, draft, other
- Create a firm floor to continue successfully with sanding
If you will be doing staining, varnishing or polishing the filling of holes is a must.
Which types of wood can fill gaps:
- It is mainly on floors with parquet, solid wood or other similar. In the engine wood, such filling is not done.